Sunday, December 2, 2012

Fix Youtube Problems on Ipod Touch



A couple of days ago I was presented with a very particular problem and I say particular because of the solution. My cousin has an Ipod touch, which she has had for a while now, with no problems at all, but for the last couple of days she was complaining about not being able to watch videos on youtube, she said this is being going on for days now, but she said that everything else worked fine including safari. So she gave it to me so that I can check it out for her, the first thing I did was to check if the wireless icon for the wi-fi connection was showing on the screen and it did, so I opened up safari and it was working fine I was able to load web pages, so I went back to youtube and the message I got was “cannot connect to youtube” I was thinking to myself that’s strange, how could this be, safari was working fine, but still I wasn’t able to load any videos on youtube.

-What I did to fix the problem:    

One of the first things I did was to go to settings and just trying to figure out what the problem was, I tried one thing after another and nothing seems to fix the problem, everything on the settings looked good, so I was starting to get a little frustrated because I couldn’t figure out what the problem was. So I decided to take it home with me and do a little more research about it. I went online and after doing some more research I came across a youtube video showing how to solve this problem, when I saw the solution I couldn’t believe it, because it didn’t make any sense at all, basically all I had to do was to set the time and date correctly and that fixed it, now why that is I don’t know. When I was going over the settings it didn’t occur to me that could be the problem. Now there might be many cases where you can’t load any videos on youtube, because the Ipod itself is not connected to the internet, so it wouldn’t be able to load safari either.

-If everything else fails:

If setting the time and date correctly doesn’t work for you, probably the only thing left would be to do a reinstall, but before you do this, make sure you have a back up of any important documents you might want to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment