Saturday, February 15, 2014

Outlook PST Files Location



In this article I will be showing you the Outlook PST File Location on the different versions of windows For some reason Windows doesn’t store PST files under My Documents folder (except for windows 8) where basically all personal data is stored, you have to kind of dig your way around to find them and even many people make the mistake of only backing up their My Documents folder thinking everything they need is inside that folder, below you will find a list of the different places for each version of Windows:

Outlook PST File Location for Windows XP

By far used to be one of my favorites, even though Microsoft no longer supports windows XP, there is still a lot of people that still loves it, but  I  think eventually people will have to abandon it and move on to a better system. you can find these files following the path below: 

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Outlook PST File Location for Windows Vista and Windows 7

The location for both windows vista and windows 7 is practically the same, In my personal opinion I think windows 7 is the best operating system Microsoft ever done, unlike windows vista which was only full of problems. You can find the PST files by following the path below:

C:\users\username\Local\ Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.

Outlook PST File Location for Windows 8

I think Microsoft is finally learning to make things a little easier, because PST files on windows 8 are located under My Documents folder. Which makes it a lot better for the users, especially when trying to do a back up of all your documents  although the interface of windows 8 is very different and its lacking the classic start menu, it seems to run the faster than previous versions.

C:\Users\Username\My Documents\Outlook files

Don’t forget whenever you back up your computer to include all PST files; since they are not on my documents folder on Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 as previously mention before, it is very easy to forget, I would recommend before doing a manual back up of your files to make a list of everything you will need to back up, if there are multiple users on a computer simply select the “user name” which you want to access and do this for each individual account.

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely come back to your site to see more splendid posts like this one. http://www.friendlycomputerrepair.com/

    ReplyDelete